some weeks PhotoFriday‘s topic is inspiration to throw up a favorite photo that we’ve recently taken. but part of the fun of PhotoFriday’s site is that sometimes reading the topic can be like getting a “photo assignment” and it makes you have to get out and find a fitting image. living in NYC, we didn’t have much at hand last Friday that fit “Rural“. but cruising through a small town in upstate NY this weekend the topic sprung to mind and we quickly hit the brakes to snap this shot…
Buddy’s tag tour
in addition to dog markings, Buddy likes to check out the street art and tags left by humans…
kickin off a fun new series called “patented looks”…
Star Jones’s – “my tiny neck can barely support this giant balloon” – bobble head look
Donald Trump’s – “I’m one handsome frowning mother-fucker” liver lip, craggily chin, scowl
Ashley Olsen’s “I’m a big girl now” – alluring tipped head, pouty lip pose
and speaking of celeb looks, if ya haven’t checked out this new site yet, yer missing all the fun… Pink is the New Blog
(photos copyright GettyImages.com)
New York Times buys About.com
the Times takes a very interesting plunge into the online information sector!…
New York Times buys About.com for $410M
Publisher makes the purchase looking for new ways to promote itself online.
The Times Company Acquires About.com for $410 Million
New York Times buys About.com
if these walls could talk
Pictures of Walls is a cool photo site of street art, poetry and maybe a few hidden messages written on walls… “The wall is the weapon of choice for the unarmed civilization” (via Wooster)
it’s growing fast! there’s so much great stuff out there – they could do a section for just NY alone.
behind the scenes at the dog show
we promised you some scoops from behind the scenes at the Westminster dog show, so here’s the poop:
– we didn’t see this anywhere in the news and we missed the incident, but the word going around was that a judge was bit by a dog! (badly enough for the judge to need to leave the show) this delayed breed competitions throughout the day and was a buzzing scandal (we heard it’s never happened before at Westminster)
– the crowd was insane! filled with characters, all very jovial and friendly. imagine each character in Best in Show times 1000. (plus people who look just like their dogs everywhere)
– we met Anderson Cooper at the show! he’s a nice and personable guy, taller and lankier than he looks on TV, and more handsome and relaxed (apparently he furrows his brow quite a bit when he’s on CNN.) he’s a big dog lover and has a Springer Spaniel.
why the dog show totally ROCKS!
– having never been to the show we did not know how about the backstage exhibit areas. All the dogs and their breeders/trainers are required to be in the exhibit area when not showing. people are encouraged to visit the animals and learn about them. this PR element is a huge part of the show. there’s also tons of stuff being given away, dogs food, treats, training and health info. (Westminster highly supports the ASCAP, shelters, and adoption agencies, and is anti- pet store/dog mill and is active in educating people in these areas)
– the earlier individual breed competitions were also wonderful. the giant single ring you see at night is transformed into 5-6 smaller rings in the day. you can go right down on the floor and watch the shows from 10 feet away. it’s a great way to feel the sporting energy!
– but our favorite part was roaming the grooming and backstage areas, seeing the dogs up close and personal, and listening in on all the show gossip! it was fabulous – the highlight of the day.
– we were there about 10 hours in all (with a 2 hour dinner break in between) – a $40 ticket got us all this!
Michael Jackson’s strange messages
yesterday a confused Michael Jackson mistakenly dangled a doll out of his window instead of child. followed by a strange note. his freakish fans took this as a message from god.
(photos from GettyImages.com)
this big one from Wimp.com goes out to our boy JG – happy birthday you handsome motherfucker! (and thanks for the link Debbie!)