drugs on The Simpsons
our boy Jessie tipped us to the cool site Erowid – “documenting the complex relationship between humans and psychoactives” it’s packed with mind blowing stuff…
Drug References on The Simpsons (a very impressive list!)
– At Homer and Marge’s high school prom, a student shows up with a bong. The chaperone lets him in when he is told it is an asthma inhaler.
– Lisa drinks the water at a ride at Duff Gardens (supposed to be like “It’s a Small World” at Disneyland) after Bart dares her. She trips. (“I can see the music.” “I am the lizard queen.” “Can’t talk. Coming down.”)
– Barney smokes a cigar without removing the plastic wrapper and thinks that Sgt. Pepper is growing out of Homer’s back.
– In the episode that sees Homer sent to the South Pacific as a missionary, while there, he takes to licking toads, producing hugely dilated pupils and hilarious psychoactive effect. Bart via radio: “Dad, have you been licking toads?” “I have not not been licking toads.”
Scooby and Shaggy were pot heads! (but you knew that)
– Scooby and Shaggy were always the ones in the back of the van
– Scooby and Shaggy always had the munchies.